Friday, February 12, 2010

Does the bad economy mean that teenagers will have to give up cell phones, starbucks, manicures and get jobs?

Excuse me, before you stereotype, maybe you should actually know a bit about what you are talking about!


I didn't get a cell phone until I was 18 and could afford to pay for it myself. I had a manicure once for my graduation, that I paid 7 dollars for. I have had a job since I was 14 years old. I pay for everything I have. I had my daughter when I was 18 and I have never been on welfare. I bust my *** at my full time job and also to go college full time. Is there anything else you care to ***** about? If so, make sure you know what you are talking about first instead of venting on yahoo. Does the bad economy mean that teenagers will have to give up cell phones, starbucks, manicures and get jobs?
I guess so! teenagers nowadays are so spoiled and especially the ones that come from low class families. Things in this country sometimes work so backwards, people that really don't have a lot of money, want to come across like they're big spenders and act like hotshots with their new phones, overpriced sneakers, designer ghetto clothes, tacky jewerly and daily McDonalds and chinese take-outs but yet they live in deplorable conditions and some can't even pay their rent but hey! the government is always there to bail them out and continue giving them their welfare checks. So, yes! they will have to get off their a***s and get jobs, anyways no matter how bad the economy is, minimum wage jobs will always be there. Does the bad economy mean that teenagers will have to give up cell phones, starbucks, manicures and get jobs?
I would not consider that to be a ';bad thing';. It will pave the way for teenagers to understand what is really going on with the economy and the country, how this affects their lives, and make them realize the importance of being frugal, living within their means, and know that money should be used wisely, and not on frivolities. That to me is the silver lining with the economic crisis.
If the economy goes down the toilet, you'll be lucky to find a job. The ones who get to keep the toys will be the ones who find a way despite the economy, or somehow make everyone else's bad luck into their good luck (zig when the world zags).
I don't think we're headed for a depression like the doomsday crowd thinks, but yes, it will be a hard recession and especially the younger folks are in for a bit of a shock. They'll have their own ';cultural recession'; possibly.
It's funny that you're asking these questions as if you're a minimalist. Last I checked, you're on your computer, a nonessential item, and I bet you have a cell phone too.
I earn a a lot of money but my kid works at BK so what is your point? He is an honor student and has worked for almost everything he has. Not all teenagers are the same.





Do you have some resentment issues?
No, the bad economy means that there will be less jobs available to teenagers to begin with.
This is a stupid question! If you think this is why people are worried about the economy you have issues!
I think that they should anyway! Get jobs and pay there own damn bills.
The illegals took all those.
That or they will be standing on the soup lines.
That depends on the person.
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment