Wednesday, February 10, 2010

French manicures on short nails?

I was thinking about getting acrylics, but after hearing about how horrible they are and how often and expensive it is to fill after I get them, I decided I should stick with natural nails. Right now I have super short nails, like I have barely and tips. Should I wait for them to grow out to do a french manicure, or are they okay on short nails?French manicures on short nails?
i've personally had them frenched at all lengths. the longer i had them done at the faker they seem to appear, plus people always would ask if i had on acrylics. IMO, short actually works better for french manicures. just so long as they break even with the skin. if the nail doesnt cover the skin, it might look a bit weird. however if they cover the skin (i.e. up to the finger tip) the illusion of a french manicure makes short nails appear longer. plus there's the added bonus of a lower chance of chipping and breaking your nails once you get a mani. but be sure that when they shape your nails, they are oval and not square. otherwise the illusion doesnt work.





here's the best short picture i could find because all the online pictures suck:





http://nailtechsecrets.com/wp-content/photos/Patera_no_background.jpg





compared to the long:


http://www.nailparts.com.au/images/finish.jpg





compared to the hideous acrylics:


http://www.nail-2000.com/images/frenshnail_520.jpg





my advice: go for it now. and stay far, far away from acrylics.French manicures on short nails?
i like short nails
I like short nails, long ones make you look like a cheap wh*re. Besides, you can't type or write well with them on...
Yes, they're fine short. I've done it with my nails at a short length and it looked really cool. And like she said, its also fun to play with this style and lots of colors. Good choice on keeping your natural nails too.
I use my natural nails, just so theres a bit of a tip at the end so theres a difference between your nail and the tip, about 1-2cm. and if you want a funkier,edgy way of doing manicures I use different colors for my tips.
Hun, french manicures went out about 5 years ago and acrylics did also. Right now it's all about the natural nail, if you really want to paint your nails, try a natural type color like beige or off white.
french looks its best with long nails..


i personally don't think you wanna do it in short nails.. i mean i prefer applying reg. nail polish than going out with unpleasent looking nails..

No comments:

Post a Comment