Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My cousins from D.R don't wet their hair, get manicures, or eat acidic fruit during their period. Why, anyone?

I did ask them why they did this and was told that this is how they had been raised (Dominican). They were told to follow this protocol by elder family members, but not why, and they never questioned it. Hence, I am on Yahoo answers hoping somebody can shed a little light on this.My cousins from D.R don't wet their hair, get manicures, or eat acidic fruit during their period. Why, anyone?
Its probabaly just tradtion. I doubt there is any specific medical basis for it but rather somethign that has just been passed down from generation to generation.





I imaging their hair get a bit greasy though not washing it for a week!My cousins from D.R don't wet their hair, get manicures, or eat acidic fruit during their period. Why, anyone?
I am afraid these are some of the urban myths surrounding periods, someone either decides that such a thing should not be done and have passed on this to other people who in turn pass it on and so on and on until it is passed on to people as a fact. As far as I am aware there is no scientific reason for these myths.

No comments:

Post a Comment