Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Giving Pullips/Taeyangs Piercings, Tattoos and Manicures?

I have a Taeyang doll, and i was wondering what i should use to paint his nails, give him tattoos and pierce his eyebrows... Any help? The doll is supposed to look like Bill Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel, and yes i know there already is one like that, but I can't find any referencesGiving Pullips/Taeyangs Piercings, Tattoos and Manicures?
Use acrylic paint, slightly watered down (practice on a cheaper doll if you haven't done this before) to do any details such as nail polish or tattoos, or makeup, etc. Use sealant overtop - you may want to pick matte for the tattoos, gloss for the nails. I use Delta Ceramcoat, but there are plenty of brands available.





As far as piercings...again, I suggest practicing on a cheaper doll of similar material. I admire Pullip/Taeyang/Namu, but don't have any yet so I'm not sure, are they vinyl? If so, I suggest using a thick needle that's been heated over a flame a bit (not closely enough to char the needle). It can also help to steam the doll's head over a cup of hot water first to soften it a bit. Just a warning, using metal jewelry in a vinyl doll generally leads to the surrounding ';skin'; turning green over time.
  • hidden myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment